Orphan Drop Bags

  • Charles Thorn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2008
      Hardrockers,
      The Hardrock rock levitated back to its winter home yesterday and Silverton
      is back to its sleepy-hollow self. It was great seeing old friends and
      making new ones. I really enjoyed it.

      However, I've got about 16 orhpan drop bags. I'm packaging them and will
      mail them in the next few days. I'll send a future email with the names of
      those I've shipped.

      Be aware that I don't ship back food, or drink, pills, wet socks, gold
      coins, or the like.

      Charlie

    • Andrea
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2008
        I'm still amazed that Charlie does this every year - what a fabulous
        effort and how different from other races...

        Hardrock is awesome - that's why I am so closely involved with it! :-)

        Andrea
        andrea@...
        http://dukecityfood.com
        "Whoever's approval you seek, imprisons you. Choose your jailer with
        care and deliberation."
        --Jamal Rahim

      • chris@chrisgerber.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15, 2008
          To piggyback on this. I apparently lost my nice brand new XL gray
          Hardrock pullover at some point this weekend... probably in my stupor
          of running the Chapman aid station then pacing a runner from Ouray to
          Grouse. :)

          If somebody found it, or it's in lost and found, let me know... I'll
          gladly pay the postage to get it back (or I can pick it up in August
          during another trip back down there).

          Thanks!!
          - Chris (Chapman a/s captain)

          Quoting Charles Thorn <thorncha@...>:

          > Hardrockers,
          > The Hardrock rock levitated back to its winter home yesterday and Silverton
          > is back to its sleepy-hollow self. It was great seeing old friends and
          > making new ones. I really enjoyed it.
          >
          > However, I've got about 16 orhpan drop bags. I'm packaging them and will
          > mail them in the next few days. I'll send a future email with the names of
          > those I've shipped.
          >
          > Be aware that I don't ship back food, or drink, pills, wet socks, gold
          > coins, or the like.
          >
          > Charlie

        • Blake Wood and Rebecca Clark
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 15, 2008
            Likewise, I ended up without the Ipod Shuffle (with non-standard
            rubbery earbuds) that I left with my crew at Ouray. If anyone found
            it laying about, I'd love to get it back.

            - Blake