Drinking Water and Filters

  • Duncan Orr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2000
      When I last asked about drinking water along the course, the general
      reaction was to NOT drink directly from the streams. Here is a follow-up:

      1) Are the aid stations providing water close enough that there shouldn't
      be a need to drink from streams?

      2) For those who filter, what do you recommend? Is it better to carry a
      pump or use one of the water bottles with a built-in filter? What brands
      are prefered and/or what brands should be avoided?

      Thanks, oh experienced runners,

      Duncan

      Uinta Currency
      POB 781