Revised Hardrock Course Marking Schedule

  • Charles Thorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2008
      All,
      Snow is melting fast in the Hardrock high country. However, because of the
      snow in American Basin and a few other places, I've changed the Course
      Marking Schedule to the below. This is a big change so please take note. I
      will also post this and any updates on the white board at 1354 Reese in
      Silverton.

      Also, Rodger Wrublik and I put in the Mineral Creek rope last night but were
      afraid to use it. Mineral Creek and Cement Creek were much lower this
      morning so the spring melt pulse is tapering off, indicating much less snow
      in the high country. That's good for the run.

      Remember that this schedule is subject to change without notice.

      Thanks

      Charlie
      thorncha@...

      Sat June 28 9 AM Mineral Cr to KT (no change)
      Sun June 29 7 AM KT to Chapman
      Mon June 30 None
      Tues July 1 9 AM (at the Ouray tunnel trailhead) Bear Creek to Engineer Pass
      Wed July 2 7 AM Maggie Gl to Cunningham
      Thur July 3 7 AM Cunningham to Silverton
      Fri July 4 None
      Sat July 5 7 AM Sherman to Maggie
      Sun July 6 7 AM Grouse Gl to Sherman
      Mon July 7 10 AM (at Governor Basin Aid Station) Virginius Pass & Telluride
      to Virginius
      Tues July 8 7 AM Chapman to Oscar's Pass & Telluride to Oscar's

    • David Goldberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26, 2008
        charlie, can we show up on the 5th & 6th to mark and clear trail? Where do we meet and what time?

        David Goldberg

        To: hr100@yahoogroups.comFrom: thorncha@...: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:14:14 -0600Subject: [hr100] Revised Hardrock Course Marking Schedule

        All,Snow is melting fast in the Hardrock high country. However, because of thesnow in American Basin and a few other places, I've changed the CourseMarking Schedule to the below. This is a big change so please take note. Iwill also post this and any updates on the white board at 1354 Reese inSilverton.Also, Rodger Wrublik and I put in the Mineral Creek rope last night but wereafraid to use it. Mineral Creek and Cement Creek were much lower thismorning so the spring melt pulse is tapering off, indicating much less snowin the high country. That's good for the run.Remember that this schedule is subject to change without notice.ThanksCharliethorncha@... June 28 9 AM Mineral Cr to KT (no change)Sun June 29 7 AM KT to ChapmanMon June 30 NoneTues July 1 9 AM (at the Ouray tunnel trailhead) Bear Creek to Engineer PassWed July 2 7 AM Maggie Gl to CunninghamThur July 3 7 AM Cunningham to SilvertonFri July 4 NoneSat July 5 7 AM Sherman to MaggieSun July 6 7 AM Grouse Gl to ShermanMon July 7 10 AM (at Governor Basin Aid Station) Virginius Pass & Tellurideto VirginiusTues July 8 7 AM Chapman to Oscar's Pass & Telluride to Oscar's[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]