RE: [hr100] Hello Everyone

  • Andrea
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2008
      Yeah, I've found that coordinating pacers for this race is a bit
      complicated.

      Have any of you (pacers or runners) used a system with any other race
      that worked really well? If so, let me know which race so I can
      investigate their practices and make things better for Hardrockers. :-)

      Andrea
      andrea@...

    • Twiggsc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 24, 2008
        Andrea,
        I've only used an unknown pacer once, at Leadville. He put his name and email address on a list on the LT100 website and I sent him a note. I think the list had indicators so I could tell he was not yet assigned. It worked great, and he was an excellent pacer.

        Chris

        From: "Andrea" <andrea@...>

        Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:33:22
        To:<hr100@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: RE: [hr100] Hello Everyone

        andrea@tenacity. <mailto:andrea%40tenacity.net> net

      • Bs8tr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 24, 2008
          At the Leadville 100, they had a phone list that the runners could look over to find a pacer they need.? I also saw a lot of pacers just hanging out by aid stations for the last 50 miles.

          ben

        • Bs8tr@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 25, 2008
            Hey does anyone want to run or train in silverton this weekend?

            ben

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2008
              Hi Ben,
              I am looking for a pacer from Ouray to grouse gulch (15 miles).  Let me know if you are interested.  Thanks Patty bryant

              Hello, my name is Ben Griffin and I would like to volunteer or pace someone during the Hardrock 100.? I am a wilderness first responder, I run a stupid amount and I have extensive experierience as a climber in the backcountry. ? I live in Durango, so I am just a little farther down the hill.? In previous years, I volunteered and paced people through the Leadville 100.? I acclimatize very well to high altitude and would be extremely excited to be some how involved with this race.??If anyone?wants a really?positive, happy, and energetic person on their team they should e-mail me.? I am kinda trying to sell myself here .? Anyways,?you all have probably been training hard and good luck in the hardest 100 mile race?in?country.

              Ben Griffin
              bs8tr@...
              719-293-0821? ??