Hello Everyone

  • Bs8tr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2008
      Dear People,

      Hello, my name is Ben Griffin and I would like to volunteer or pace someone during the Hardrock 100.? I am a wilderness first responder, I run a stupid amount and I have extensive experierience as a climber in the backcountry.? I live in Durango, so I am just a little farther down the hill.? In previous years, I volunteered and paced people through the Leadville 100.? I acclimatize very well to high altitude and would be extremely excited to be some how involved with this race.??If anyone?wants a really?positive, happy, and energetic person on their team they should e-mail me.? I am kinda trying to sell myself here .? Anyways,?you all have probably been training hard and good luck in the hardest 100 mile race?in?country.

      Ben Griffin
      bs8tr@...
      719-293-0821???

    • Steve Pero
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 24, 2008
        Ben, drive up to Silverton next week and put your name on the pacer list on
        the gym wall, that's the best way.

        Steve

        On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 2:04 PM, <Bs8tr@...> wrote:

        > Dear People,
        >
        > Hello, my name is Ben Griffin and I would like to volunteer or pace someone
        > during the Hardrock 100.? I am a wilderness first responder, I run a stupid
        > amount and I have extensive experierience as a climber in the backcountry.?
        > I live in Durango, so I am just a little farther down the hill.? In previous
        > years, I volunteered and paced people through the Leadville 100.? I
        > acclimatize very well to high altitude and would be extremely excited to be
        > some how involved with this race.??If anyone?wants a really?positive, happy,
        > and energetic person on their team they should e-mail me.? I am kinda trying
        > to sell myself here .? Anyways,?you all have probably been training hard and
        > good luck in the hardest 100 mile race?in?country.
        >
        > Ben Griffin
        > bs8tr@... <bs8tr%40aol.com>
        > 719-293-0821???

        http://ultrastevep.blogspot.com/

      • Andrea
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 24, 2008
          Yeah, I've found that coordinating pacers for this race is a bit
          complicated.

          Have any of you (pacers or runners) used a system with any other race
          that worked really well? If so, let me know which race so I can
          investigate their practices and make things better for Hardrockers. :-)

          Andrea
          andrea@...

        • Twiggsc@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 24, 2008
            Andrea,
            I've only used an unknown pacer once, at Leadville. He put his name and email address on a list on the LT100 website and I sent him a note. I think the list had indicators so I could tell he was not yet assigned. It worked great, and he was an excellent pacer.

            Chris

            From: "Andrea" <andrea@...>

            Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:33:22
            To:<hr100@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: RE: [hr100] Hello Everyone

            andrea@tenacity. <mailto:andrea%40tenacity.net> net

          • Bs8tr@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 24, 2008
              At the Leadville 100, they had a phone list that the runners could look over to find a pacer they need.? I also saw a lot of pacers just hanging out by aid stations for the last 50 miles.

              ben

            • Bs8tr@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 25, 2008
                Hey does anyone want to run or train in silverton this weekend?

                ben

                Ben, drive up to Silverton next week and put your name on the pacer list on
                the gym wall, that's the best way.

                Steve

                On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 2:04 PM, <Bs8tr@...> wrote:

                > Dear People,
                >
                > Hello, my name is Ben Griffin and I would like to volunteer or pace someone
                > during the Hardrock 100.? I am a wilderness first responder, I run a stupid
                > amount and I have extensive experierience as a climber in the backcountry.?
                > I live in Durango, so I am just a little farther down the hill.? In previous
                > years, I volunteered and paced people through the Leadville 100.? I
                > acclimatize very well to high altitude and would be extremely excited to be
                > some how involved with this race.??If anyone?wants a really?positive, happy,
                > and energetic person on their team they should e-mail me.? I am kinda trying
                > to sell myself here .? Anyways,?you all have probably been training hard and
                > good luck in the hardest 100 mile race?in?country.
                >
                > Ben Griffin
                > bs8tr@... <bs8tr%40aol.com>
                > 719-293-0821???

                http://ultrastevep.blogspot.com/

              • patty bryant
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 1, 2008
                  Hi Ben,
                  I am looking for a pacer from Ouray to grouse gulch (15 miles).  Let me know if you are interested.  Thanks Patty bryant