hardrock pacing

  • Scott Kuhn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2008
      hello hardrock runners.  i'm not a contestant in the hr100, but wanted to volunteer as a pacer if anoyone is looking.  i know the race is only about three weeks away so most of you probobly have things figured out by now.

      i live in durango, co, and am most familiar with portions of the course around silverton (grouse, maggie, cataract, pole creek, handies,ice lakes).  should anyone be interested in me pacing i would be willing to run/hike portions of the course this weekend or next to familiarize myself.

      i don't mind running at night or during the day and am very comfortable running 20-30 miles on high altitude trails.  i'm also running the 50 mile race in leadville, the following weekend, (july 20) so would like to keep my distance under 30 miles if i end up pacing someone.

      please contact me for more info or if anyone is interested.

      email:  skuhn1970@...

      good luck everyone, scott

    • patty bryant
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
        Hi Scott,
        I'm looking for  a pacer from Oury to Grouse ulch (15 miles).  Let me know if you are interested Thanks Patty Bryant

        hello hardrock runners.  i'm not a contestant in the hr100, but wanted to volunteer as a pacer if anoyone is looking.  i know the race is only about three weeks away so most of you probobly have things figured out by now.

        i live in durango, co, and am most familiar with portions of the course around silverton (grouse, maggie, cataract, pole creek, handies,ice lakes).  should anyone be interested in me pacing i would be willing to run/hike portions of the course this weekend or next to familiarize myself.

        i don't mind running at night or during the day and am very comfortable running 20-30 miles on high altitude trails.  i'm also running the 50 mile race in leadville, the following weekend, (july 20) so would like to keep my distance under 30 miles if i end up pacing someone.

        please contact me for more info or if anyone is interested.

        email:  skuhn1970@yahoo. com

        good luck everyone, scott

      • Scott Kuhn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
          Hi Patty,
          I would definitely be willing to pace you from Ouray to Grouse.  I've been on some of this section (closer to Grouse).  I would run most or all of this section before the Hardrock so I'm prepared. E-mail or call me(970-259-6228) if this works for you and we can go from there.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
            Hi Scott,
            Thanks you for hte offer but I think I have a friend who is going to do that section.  I'm seeing him tonght so I will let you know if anything changes.  Patty