RE: [hr100] Hardrock/Nolans 14 training

  • Pero, Stephen M
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2000
      Hi Matt...

      I will be coming out around the 2nd, leaving Mass. on the 30th, picking up
      Greg Loomis in Va, and heading out. We are expecting it to take us about 2
      days to get out there and I can only guess that We'll be in Silverton around
      the 2nd sometime.

      I would be interested in doing some of the training with You as I'm running
      the final 18 miles with Sue and also running Vermont when I get back home. I
      am also probably going to run the 10K.

      Where's a good place to camp near Silverton? Would I need to reserve a spot?
      Showers?

      Thanks and see You all out there soon,
      Steve Pero
      peros@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2000
        You can camp for free at South Mineral about 3 miles
        west of Silverton. I will probably stay there. No
        showers, but they have a pit toilet. Same deal at
        Maggie Gulch to the east but a little further to
        drive. There is a pay campground 1/4 mile east of
        Silverton with showers, laundry, etc., or you can just
        use their shower for $3.

        =====

        Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
        http://photos.yahoo.com