Stuff on the ground in Silverton

  • Lois MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2008
      Ok, so our 14 day growing season didn't start yet, like I thought and
      so boldly went around anouncing. It was 29 F last night with a very
      light frost and the Animas at Silverton was running at 898cfs at 1000.

      The Hostel has had some issues (blah, blah) and has been rented to MSI.
      Some of the reservations that were made there will be honored by the
      Avon's owner Tom Burrel. MSI is out of the Avon for the time being. If
      you made reservations through MSI, they will be honored by the Avon but
      if you haven't been in touch since last summer it would be a really
      good idea to check it all out.

      The Lodge at Eureka (elevation 10,000) still has rooms as well at
      $90/night if you cook your own breakfast and $100 if you want the early
      morning meal. I may be prejudiced, but the place is great.

      ALSO, The Outdoor World has announced they will give you a 10%
      "Locals'"discount if you just tell them you are with the Hardrock! And
      let them know if you need something they don't have and maybe they will
      have it next year.

      Keep in Touch,

      LMac