San Juan Solstice 50 miler

  • Craig Slagel
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
      Anyone is running the San Juan Solstice 50 miler HYPERLINK
      "http://www.lakecity50.com/"http://www.lakecity50.com/ I hear its great
      training for Hardrock. Both myself and Fred signed up, only problem is we
      just found out it�s a 4wd road to get there and we just have a 2wd car.

      If anyone is running this and going from Silverton we would both love a ride

      Craig

      Checked by AVG.
      8:00 AM

    • Jeb Burchenal
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
        You can get to Lake City and the start in 2wd no problem.

        Anyone is running the San Juan Solstice 50 miler HYPERLINK
        "http://www.lakecity50.com/"http://www.lakecity50.com/ I hear its great
        training for Hardrock. Both myself and Fred signed up, only problem is we
        just found out it's a 4wd road to get there and we just have a 2wd car.

        If anyone is running this and going from Silverton we would both love a ride

        Craig

        Checked by AVG.
        8:00 AM

        Groups Links
      • Craig Slagel
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
          We were trying to avoid a long drive, I know its 30ish miles on the Jeep
          road vs 133 on the 2wd roads. We�ll get there just looking for the easiest
          and quickest option.

          Craig

          "HYPERLINK "http://www.lakecity50.com/"http://www.lakecity50.com/"HYPERLINK
          "http://www.lakecity50.com/"http://www.lakecity50.com/ I hear its great
          training for Hardrock. Both myself and Fred signed up, only problem is we
          just found out it's a 4wd road to get there and we just have a 2wd car.

          If anyone is running this and going from Silverton we would both love a ride

          Craig

          Checked by AVG.
          8:00 AM

          hoo!
          Groups Links

          Checked by AVG.
          8:00 AM

          Checked by AVG.
          8:00 AM

        • Andrea
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
            Yeah, but it will take an equal amount of TIME either way, especially
            with the late snow melt.

            Andrea
            http://dukecityfood.com
            "Whoever's approval you seek, imprisons you. Choose your jailer with
            care and deliberation."
            --Jamal Rahim

          • JeffO93y

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
                Ask one of the old timers about when Dennis Herr drove a Chevy Cavalier over
                Cinnamon Pass, that was before my day...so it can be done, but you won't
                have an exhaust left when you return.

                Steve

                --
                http://ultrastevep.blogspot.com/

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
                  They say the best offroad vehicle is a rental car. I say go for it. We need more good stories!

                  From: "Steve Pero" <ultrastevep@...>

                  Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:21:03
                  To:hr100@yahoogroups.com

                  --
                  http://ultrastevep. <http://ultrastevep.blogspot.com/> blogspot.com/

                • Craig Slagel
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
                    Looks like the paved route is going to be best. Anyone know of good
                    camping (higher the better) near lake city or on the way.

                    - Craig

                  • Chris Gerber
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
                      I camped at Williams Creek last year. Home of the 15 mile A/S. Made it
                      handy for my crew too, as they just slept in until I arrived :-)

                      - Chris

                    • Jason Halladay
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
                        Hey Craig,
                        There is a campground and national forest land south of Lake City just off
                        highway 149 on top of Slumgullion Pass at around 11,300'. Nice and high!
                        Jason

                        --
                        http://picasaweb.google.com/halladay

                      • Lois MacKenzie
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
                          Cinnamon Pass is open, but that is all I'm saying.

                          Keep in Touch,

                          LMac

                          Yeah, but it will take an equal amount of TIME either way, especially

                          with the late snow melt.

                          Andrea

                          http://dukecityfood .com

                          "Whoever's approval you seek, imprisons you. Choose your jailer with

                          care and deliberation. "

                          --Jamal Rahim

                        • Deb Pero
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
                            you can 2 wheel it the long way around. Several hour's drive - but you can
                            get there into Lake City.

                            On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Craig Slagel <cslagel@...> wrote:

                            > Anyone is running the San Juan Solstice 50 miler HYPERLINK
                            > "http://www.lakecity50.com/"http://www.lakecity50.com/ I hear its great
                            > training for Hardrock. Both myself and Fred signed up, only problem is we
                            > just found out it's a 4wd road to get there and we just have a 2wd car.
                            >

                            > If anyone is running this and going from Silverton we would both love a
                            > ride
                            >

                            > Craig

                            > Checked by AVG.
                            > 8:00 AM

                            > Groups Links

                          • Fred Ecks
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
                              Heh, it's my car, owned together with my sweetie, and it's a '91 Nissan
                              Sentra. It's staying on pavement, thankyouverymuch!

                              - Fred, who enjoys having an exhaust system