Snow Melt

  • johncappis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2008
      A look at the Snotel levels for snow water equivalent shows that the
      2008 level and the 1997 levels are within an inch of each other.
      Blake's prediction of snow pack in the high basins being more like
      1997 when there was a lot of post holing going on is looking more and
      more like what we will see. In a previous post I was predicting
      conditions more like 2005, but the melt rate has been very cyclic with
      cool and hot alternating patterns.

      It was 39 at 8000' the other morning!!