RE: [hr100] Waiting (list) Game

  • David Goldberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2008
      For what it is worth--last year I was like 49th originally, moved up to 21 week of race then 12 on Wed who showed up and was 3 away from running on race morning--hope it helps,

      David Goldberg

      To: hr100@yahoogroups.comFrom: hbruell@...: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 23:23:51 +0000Subject: [hr100] Waiting (list) Game

      I'm hoping for some assistance from experienced Hardrock waiting list folks. I'm #20 on the list with about a month to do. What are my odds of getting in this year? (I live in Durango so can show up in Silverton without having to make special travel arrangements, but am trying to figure out other summer travel & plans.)Thanks!Harry[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • carolyn erdman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2008
        Harry, pretty much I'd think you'd get in as we ususally in the past have gone down to 20-25.
        So keep trianing!!!
        And hey send some warm weatherup this way, you can keep the winds down there but yes it melting.

        And give Dale a call he should be back.

        Carolyn Erdman
        SIlverton
        I'm hoping for some assistance from experienced Hardrock waiting list folks. I'm #20 on the list with about a month to do. What are my odds of getting in this year? (I live in Durango so can show up in Silverton without having to make special travel arrangements, but am trying to figure out other summer travel & plans.)
        Thanks!
        Harry

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3169 (20080609) __________

        http://www.eset.com

      • brock gavery
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2008
          I think I was about 25 on the list last year and got
          in Thursday morning before the race. You are as good
          as in per past year trends.

          --- carolyn erdman <cerdman@...> wrote:

          > Harry, pretty much I'd think you'd get in as we
          > ususally in the past have gone down to 20-25.
          > So keep trianing!!!
          > And hey send some warm weatherup this way, you can
          > keep the winds down there but yes it melting.
          >
          > And give Dale a call he should be back.
          >
          > Carolyn Erdman
          > SIlverton

        • james varner
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2008
            hi all

            i was #39 on the list last year when it first came out and i was the last one let into the race. the year before that the last runner in also had been at #39 when the list came out and the year before that billy simpson missed getting in the big dance by one spot and he was originally around #40. so harry i think you started out around 31 or 32 this year right? you should be in but nothing is certain and you definitely won't know for sure until the week of the race and probably not until wednseday or even on stressful thursday. so much for making definite plans! try to stay positive and thankful that there even is a waitlist

            james
            currently at #9 after starting at #20