Re: [hr100] Hardrock Snow Rpt/SPECIAL REQUEST

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2000
      Rich,

      Thanks for the concern. No, the house ain't ganja!

      You're correct about reading the snow chart and not being able to infer dry
      conditions for Hardrock. I made my statement based on other information,
      some gathered first hand. The snow load this year is dreadfully low all
      across the San Juans. The last month has seen very warm temperatures that
      have melted the snow very fast. And, I've been up there. There is just
      not a lot of snow for this time of year and the creeks are running very
      low.

      So, unless there is significant snow between now and July, I believe this
      will be the driest running of Hardrock so far.

      I'll see you up there.

      Charlie