Re: [hr100] HR lodging, camping near Silverton

  • Lois MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 18 , May 29, 2008
      Granted, Roseanne is quirky. But just for my own cuiosity, I called her to find out what is going on. She left the place with another woman this winter and reservations got all screwed up to the point of needing intervention by a judge. At this point she is in tears, only renting rooms by the month and is, she says, full for the summer. She also said that she spoke with Fred Yesterday and has offered him her best room for a month at $250.
      Your weather and gossip reporter on the ground in Beautiful Downtown Silverton!!
      LMac

      Fred Ecks <fredx@...> wrote: While the Troubador paints a colorful portrait of the Outsider's Inn, I
      currently figure I'll probably end up camping for a month, and will sue
      Roseanne Mather (the proprietor) simply for the lack of anything better
      to do when not checking out an effin' awesome course. I think the cash
      I paid in advance for a room is history. I'll never collect, but the
      Chamber of Commerce should be made aware, and I'll have the time to do
      just that.

      Ooh, and I'll be tapering, too. Bonus!!! :-)

      - Fred the gadfly

      Keep in Touch,
      LMac

    • Fred Ecks
      Message 2 of 18 , May 29, 2008
        Thanks, Lois. I just got a call from Roseanne, before I read your
        email. She was all friendly and nice (a departure from other calls),
        and said she'd *of course* honor my reservation (a departure from other
        phone calls), and explained that I'd have the entire downstairs all to
        myself (WTF?!). Even though I had offered her extra money as a good
        faith compromise (her temporary manager apparently stole the money I
        sent), she didn't even mention that.

        I was completely befuddled when I got off the phone, wondering if
        Roseanne was back on her meds, or what! All I could figure was that
        someone had Guido and Da Boyz pay her a visit after my emailing the HR
        list. Sure enough! :-)

        Thank you so much.

        Okay folks, change of opinion: Outsider's Inn is frickin' BIZARRE, but I
        should have some great stories to tell on the course...

        - Fred

        Lois MacKenzie wrote:

        > Granted, Roseanne is quirky. But just for my own cuiosity, I called
        > her to find out what is going on. She left the place with another
        > woman this winter and reservations got all screwed up to the point of
        > needing intervention by a judge. At this point she is in tears, only
        > renting rooms by the month and is, she says, full for the summer. She
        > also said that she spoke with Fred Yesterday and has offered him her
        > best room for a month at $250.
        > Your weather and gossip reporter on the ground in Beautiful Downtown
        > Silverton!!
        > LMac

      • Craig Slagel
        Message 3 of 18 , May 29, 2008
          I also have a reservation at the Outsider's Inn, after talking to a
          few people I realized I didn't want to risk arriving with nowhere to
          stay, So I may have an extra room from June 15-July 15 for $400 if
          anyone is interested.