RE: [hr100] HR lodging, camping near Silverton

  • Nardini Manor
    Message 1 of 18 , May 29, 2008
      Hello Hardrockers,

      The consensus in town is to stay away from the Outsider Inn and if you lost
      any money, contact the Silverton Sheriff: 970-387-5531

      As far as available beds go, here's what's available as of this morning:

      The Villa Dalla Valle 970-387-5555 - has 5 rooms available for July 10th,
      11, 12, 13 as of today @ 10:00am Rate range from 79.00 - 99.00.

      Teller House 970-387-5423 - has rooms for 7/10 & 7/11 but none for 12th &
      13th. Room rates range from 89.00 - 105.00.

      Prospector - call for availability 970-387-5466 (as of 5/29/08 sold out)

      Alma House AKA The Inn at the Rockies 970-387-5336 - has one room available
      on July, 10th, 11, 12 for 85.00 and has other rooms for 10th not 11th but
      12, 13th.

      Canyon View Motel 970-387-5400 - call for availability (as of 5/29/08 sold
      out)

      Grand Imperial 970-387-5527- Still has rooms available 79.00 - 135.00

      Good luck!

      Rodger Wrublik

      _____

      Message 2 of 18 , May 29, 2008
        Granted, Roseanne is quirky. But just for my own cuiosity, I called her to find out what is going on. She left the place with another woman this winter and reservations got all screwed up to the point of needing intervention by a judge. At this point she is in tears, only renting rooms by the month and is, she says, full for the summer. She also said that she spoke with Fred Yesterday and has offered him her best room for a month at $250.
        Your weather and gossip reporter on the ground in Beautiful Downtown Silverton!!
        LMac

        Fred Ecks <fredx@...> wrote: While the Troubador paints a colorful portrait of the Outsider's Inn, I
        currently figure I'll probably end up camping for a month, and will sue
        Roseanne Mather (the proprietor) simply for the lack of anything better
        to do when not checking out an effin' awesome course. I think the cash
        I paid in advance for a room is history. I'll never collect, but the
        Chamber of Commerce should be made aware, and I'll have the time to do
        just that.

        Ooh, and I'll be tapering, too. Bonus!!! :-)

        - Fred the gadfly

        Keep in Touch,
        LMac

      • Fred Ecks
        Message 3 of 18 , May 29, 2008
          Thanks, Lois. I just got a call from Roseanne, before I read your
          email. She was all friendly and nice (a departure from other calls),
          and said she'd *of course* honor my reservation (a departure from other
          phone calls), and explained that I'd have the entire downstairs all to
          myself (WTF?!). Even though I had offered her extra money as a good
          faith compromise (her temporary manager apparently stole the money I
          sent), she didn't even mention that.

          I was completely befuddled when I got off the phone, wondering if
          Roseanne was back on her meds, or what! All I could figure was that
          someone had Guido and Da Boyz pay her a visit after my emailing the HR
          list. Sure enough! :-)

          Thank you so much.

          Okay folks, change of opinion: Outsider's Inn is frickin' BIZARRE, but I
          should have some great stories to tell on the course...

          - Fred

          Lois MacKenzie wrote:

          > Granted, Roseanne is quirky. But just for my own cuiosity, I called
          > her to find out what is going on. She left the place with another
          > woman this winter and reservations got all screwed up to the point of
          > needing intervention by a judge. At this point she is in tears, only
          > renting rooms by the month and is, she says, full for the summer. She
          > also said that she spoke with Fred Yesterday and has offered him her
          > best room for a month at $250.
          > Your weather and gossip reporter on the ground in Beautiful Downtown
          > Silverton!!
          > LMac

        • Craig Slagel
          Message 4 of 18 , May 29, 2008
            I also have a reservation at the Outsider's Inn, after talking to a
            few people I realized I didn't want to risk arriving with nowhere to
            stay, So I may have an extra room from June 15-July 15 for $400 if
            anyone is interested.