Re: [hr100] specialized equipment

  • Rich Haefele
    Message 1 of 12 , May 28 3:07 PM
      after the 2005 run when I thought there was a lot of snow on the course, I am thinking this year is going to be very tough.

      You could carry that gear but then when you get down low you would be labouring to carry the shoes or skis... I could see carrying crampons if we were doing the route the other way...usually though there are good steps cut. A better bet might be to carry poles.

      Then again scuba might be the way to go with as much water as there is up there now.

      rich

      Craig Slagel <cslagel@...> wrote:
      I've been reading through the Manual and saw this

      "Feel free to include any specialized equipment such as ice
      axes, crampons, snow shoes, or skis that you are willing to carry
      between drop bag stations as part of your
      paraphernalia."

      Do runners or is anyone planning on using any specialized equipment,
      just wondering how much this can help or do you spend most the time
      just lugging extra weight.

      Craig

      Message 2 of 12 , May 28 3:07 PM
      • Jennifer Roach
        Message 3 of 12 , May 28 4:23 PM
          I'm not running this year but a suggestion for the hefty snowpack would
          be a good pair of traction devices for running shoes, such as YaxTrax.
          Could keep one from doing an involuntary glissade.

          Jennifer Roach
          Boulder