Hardrock is on, and other stuff

  • Blake P. Wood
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 12:05 PM
      Hardrockers -

      If you check out the hourly snow-water equivalent table at http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/nwcc/sntl-datarpt.jsp?site=713&days=7&state=CO, you'll see that the SWE has dropped below 23", so that means that Hardrock is officially on! (Don't worry about some jitter in the measurement that may bump it back above 23" briefly - it's going down.)

      There are a few administrative items that I want to bring to the attention of those of you who are entered:

      1. Remember that June 1 is the deadline for withdrawing from the entrant list and getting a full refund. After that, it's 50%. If you don't think you'll be able to make it, best to withdraw now and make someone on the wait list very happy. If you want to withdraw from the wait list, you'll get a 100% refund anytime.

      2. This year there is no crew access at the Chapman Gulch Aid Station. The Runner's Manual has this correct in the "Aid Station Locations & Cut-off Times" table, but not in the course description section. We had complaints in the last CW-direction year (2006) that the large number of crew vehicles blocked access to the road for others. The first crew access will be at Telluride.

      3. The route into and out of Ouray will be a bit different for runners this year. Read the Runner's Manual for details.

      - Blake