Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [hr100] Go- No Go decision

Expand Messages
  • Craig Slagel
    But the forecast says hot and sunny all next week :) I ve booked my travel now, I ll be there regardless from June 15th, anyone local want to be our mountain
    Message 1 of 7 , May 22, 2008
      But the forecast says hot and sunny all next week :) I've booked my
      travel now, I'll be there regardless from June 15th, anyone local want
      to be our mountain trail running guide.

      On May 22, 2008, at 10:24 AM, Lois MacKenzie wrote:

      > Oh, and by the way, it is snowing here in sunny (not!) Silverton!
      >
      > carol gerber <run4thesoul@...> wrote: Hi John,
      > Wow! Yesterday must've been REALLY hot down there on Red Mtn Pass!!!
      > What's up with the snotel reading? -99?
      >
      > I've been looking at this every day since you sent it....very
      > interesting and informative.
      > Thanks,
      > Carol
      >
      > johncappis <cappis@...> wrote:
      > As you see in the pictures that Blake posted, the snow is still
      > covering much of the high country around Silverton, but it is going
      > fast.
      >
      > In order to try and make the go- no go decision more empirical, the
      > following approach has been adopted by the Board of Directors:
      >
      > The decision of whether yearly snow pack conditions will allow the
      > Hardrock 100 to be held or force it to be canceled, is based on the
      > Snow Water Equivalent (SWE) measured at the Red Mountain Pass Snotel
      > Site. At any time before June 1 of each year that the SWE is equal to
      > or less than 23", the green light is on for that year. If the SWE is
      > greater than 23" on June 1, a review of the situation will be made by
      > run management and the decision announced on that date. The Snotel
      > data may be monitored on line at
      > http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/snotel.pl?sitenum=713&state=co.
      >
      > Check out the snotel site. I usually look at the daily table, but the
      > hourly table gives you a measure of the melt rate over shorter
      > periods.
      >
      > My guess is there could be high water in some of the stream crossings,
      > similar to 2005.
      >
      > John
      >
      > 'In life we either have reasons or results.' - Peter McWilliams
      >
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > Keep in Touch,
      > LMac
      >
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >
      >
      >



      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Fred Ecks
      ... Ladies and gents, the hourly reading is now 23.0. See you in Silverton! :-) Life is good, - Fred
      Message 2 of 7 , May 26, 2008
        On Tue, 20 May 2008 7:19 am, johncappis wrote:
        > At any time before June 1 of each year that the SWE is equal to
        > or less than 23", the green light is on for that year. If the SWE is
        > greater than 23" on June 1, a review of the situation will be made by
        > run management and the decision announced on that date. The Snotel data
        > may be monitored on line at
        > http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/snotel.pl?sitenum=713&state=co.

        Ladies and gents, the hourly reading is now 23.0. See you in
        Silverton! :-)

        Life is good,

        - Fred
      • Dale Garland
        I am currently unavailable. I will return to the San Juans on June 6. I will be checking e-mail 1-2 times per week. Thanks
        Message 3 of 7 , May 26, 2008
          I am currently unavailable. I will return to the San Juans on June 6. I will be checking e-mail 1-2 times per week. Thanks<br><br> <br>
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.