Re: [hr100] Shoes for Hardrock?

    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2008
      --- Twiggsc@... wrote:

      > Matt, I can't believe the weight you would spare would be worth the
      > risk involved in wearing these shoes on HR100 terrain. There are
      > easier ways to go faster, like letting someone else take all the
      > pictures. I think the 5 fingers are best left on the beach. I'll be
      > running in Montrails again this year, hoping for 4 straight finishes.

      Well, I haven't decided yet. I normally run barefoot on the beach.

      > Chris

    • james varner
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2008
        hi matt

        i second twiggy's response that there's probably
        better ways to shave ounces but i know you like those
        super light shoes and you gotta go with what you like
        so....

        if you're willing to go a little heavier i love my
        invo8 305's i've never had a better shoe but for you
        it's pretty heavy at 10.76 oz. invo8 has a bunch of
        other shoes even lighter all the way down to 8+ oz and
        they all have plenty of traction for hardrock.

        and i know 2 young trail speedsters who love their new
        balance 790's whiich i think weigh 7 oz. so if those
        shoes are lite enough of skaggs and krupicka they
        could be lite enough for you.

        have fun and see ya in s-town!

        james

        Be a better friend, newshound, and