Hardrock Update

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22 6:44 PM
      Hi Hardrockers,

      I have been fielding some e-mails about the snow levels on the course
      and whether or not we will be canceling this years Hardrock. Traditionally, we
      have looked at the snow levels, rate of snow melt, etc around Memorial Day and
      make a decision. This year we will be getting together a week earlier (5/18)
      to look at everything.
      Stay Tuned!
      Dale

      P.S. From the accu-window weather station out Lois MacKenzie's window in
      Silverton.... she can actually see rocks poking through the snow!
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 17, 2008
        Hi Hardrockers,
        The snow is falling in the San Juans. Some media reports have Silverton
        Mountain Ski Area receiving over 55" of snow this week. Our accu-window
        weather forecaster and Aid Station Director, Lois MacKenzie, says the amounts
        are a bit less in town.
        The 2009 entry is now available. A special thanks to Charlie Thorn for
        getting it all put together. Please remember that we will begin accepting
        applications after Jan. 1 and the lottery will be in early Feb. IF YOU MAIL
        YOUR ENTRY ON JAN 1 OR ON JAN 21 IT WILL BE TREATED THE SAME. Please do not
        spend extra $ on sending it overnight (unless you wait until the end of
        January to get it to us). I will post a list of entries received as I get
        them. There may be a lag of a few days between when your application arrives
        in Silverton and I process it in Durango.
        Attached is an article that appeared about 15 year HRH volunteer Jim
        Lewin. Thanks again to HRH Merchandise Coordinator Heidi Schutt for sharing it
        with us The last medical reports we have indicates that he is getting better
        but still a long way from being able to leave the hospital. If you'd like to
        drop him a line to wish him well you can do so by going to
        www.caringbridge.org/visit/jimlewin
        We hope all is well with you and are looking forward to seeing your
        application soon!

        Dale and the HRH "crew"

      • Lois MacKenzie
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 18, 2008
          It is snowing so hard visibility is down to about 75 yards! And the feet are adding up! Steve Kral is still rooming with me and what a blessing that has been! The shed is full of wood and yesterday he trained for HRH 2009 by dragging a 12 foot Christmas tree in from Cement Creek drainage. He asked if I had seen the movie "The Mission." This of course in all this new snow.

          Keep in Touch,
          LMac