Re: [hr100] Another look at the snow in the San Juans

  • Andy Hewat
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
      Now as a lowland foreigner I look at those pics and
      think no way will all that melt in time.

      Awesome shots, by the way. Thanks for sharing.
      Cheers, Andy

      http://mtnrnr.smugmug.com/gallery/4693533_wWN7e#277623822

      > Thought this might give a small what the snow pack
      > looks like in the
      > high San Juans. There are some shots looking into
      > Wasatch Basin, at
      > the Virginius Pass Ridge and at Handies Peak.

      www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail
    • Steve Pero
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2008
        I seem to remember 2005 having a "lot" of snow when we first got out there 2
        weeks before, then by race day we were inundated with flowers. Check out my
        pictures from that year
        http://sports.webshots.com/album/395026752eoJBcN?start=0
        These are pictures taken during the course marking, then again during the
        race two weeks later....check out the difference.

        John, great shots....thanks! You are very lucky to be living in that
        beautiful wilderness!

        See you all in June! (I'm an optimist)
        Steve