Another look at the snow in the San Juans

  • johncappis
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
      I have put a series of pictures from the last few months at

      http://mtnrnr.smugmug.com/gallery/4693533_wWN7e#277623822

      Thought this might give a small what the snow pack looks like in the
      high San Juans. There are some shots looking into Wasatch Basin, at
      the Virginius Pass Ridge and at Handies Peak.
    • Andy Hewat
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
        Now as a lowland foreigner I look at those pics and
        think no way will all that melt in time.

        Awesome shots, by the way. Thanks for sharing.
        Cheers, Andy

        --- johncappis <cappis@...> wrote:

        > I have put a series of pictures from the last few
        > months at

        http://mtnrnr.smugmug.com/gallery/4693533_wWN7e#277623822

        > Thought this might give a small what the snow pack
        > looks like in the
        > high San Juans. There are some shots looking into
        > Wasatch Basin, at
        > the Virginius Pass Ridge and at Handies Peak.

        www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail
      • Steve Pero
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2008
          I seem to remember 2005 having a "lot" of snow when we first got out there 2
          weeks before, then by race day we were inundated with flowers. Check out my
          pictures from that year
          http://sports.webshots.com/album/395026752eoJBcN?start=0
          These are pictures taken during the course marking, then again during the
          race two weeks later....check out the difference.

          John, great shots....thanks! You are very lucky to be living in that
          beautiful wilderness!

          See you all in June! (I'm an optimist)
          Steve