Re: [hr100] Re: New Hardrock lottery algorithm for 2009

  • Twiggsc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2008
      Steve,
      I do hope and pray that all went well with Deb's surgery and she is recovering comfortably.

      Chris

      From: Steve Pero <ultrastevep@...>

      Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:22:20
      To:hr100@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [hr100] Re: New Hardrock lottery algorithm for 2009

      As a long time member of the Hardrock family, I would like to applaud
      the latest lottery algorithm that the committee has come up with. Now
      the best ultra trail race in the country, has possibly the fairest
      lottery of them all. Yeah, I lose all my dnf points, but i get back my
      finish points ;-)
      This will be even more bait to get us to the finish line this year!

      On another note, I'd like to mention that our former and present artist
      and favorite grammy, my wife Deb, slipped on some ice and fell while
      running a couple of days ago and broke her arm, breaking the end of the
      radius bone off. She is having surgery to repair it today, so keep her
      in your thoughts around 1PM EST...good thing about this is she was told
      by the doc that she should be able to start running again in a couple of
      weeks. Another good thing is she broke her right arm and she's a lefty,
      so the painting will continue!

      See you all in July! My favorite time of year in my favorite place ever,
      Silverton!
      Steve

      PS: Let's hope the snow stops falling and starts to melt!

    • JeffO93y
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4, 2008
        I recently had a coworker slip on ice and shatter her wrist. Unlike my ankle that they screwed together 25 years ago, they wrapped thin metal around the splinters of bone. She was use it (very slowly and carefully) a couple of days later!
        I hope Deb faired as well. It's amazing how they've figured out how to slap us back together again.

        JeffO