Re: [hr100] Re: Are you sure you want to run HR this year?

  • Twiggsc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
      Let me see - kick sled or a run on the beach?

      Chris in Fla.

      From: "kaitainen" <andrea@...>

      Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 17:26:00
      To:hr100@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hr100] Re: Are you sure you want to run HR this year?

      I forgot to mention one of the really cool things about Silverton in
      the winter - in the gym photo, notice that there is a small metal
      contraption parked out front.

      This is a kicksled, and it is how many locals get around for 2-4
      months out of the year when firing up the car is pretty silly. I got
      to see this in practice when I've visited in the winter and it is a
      great sight, from the kids to the moms and babies, all leaving
      knife-like cuts in the ice and snow on the ground as they glide around
      town.

      Truly a cool part of Silverton's day to day life that isn't
      experienced by the usual visitors or even the summer residents - since
      they stay far away during the cold months...

      More info here:
      http://www.denverpo <http://www.denverpost.com/ci_7892205?source=rssdp> st.com/ci_7892205?source=rssdp
      http://www.potku <http://www.potku.fi/kepopas/kepopas_eng.htm> fi/kepopas/kepopas_eng.htm

      Andrea