Re: [hr100] Are you sure you want to run HR this year?

  • Deb's Gmail
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
      or a sled dog!
      Tucker is for hire!

      kaitainen wrote:

      > Bring a shovel! :-)
      >
      > http://www.hardrock100.com/ <http://www.hardrock100.com/>
      >
      > Andrea
      > in Albuquerque

    • kaitainen
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
        I forgot to mention one of the really cool things about Silverton in
        the winter - in the gym photo, notice that there is a small metal
        contraption parked out front.

        This is a kicksled, and it is how many locals get around for 2-4
        months out of the year when firing up the car is pretty silly. I got
        to see this in practice when I've visited in the winter and it is a
        great sight, from the kids to the moms and babies, all leaving
        knife-like cuts in the ice and snow on the ground as they glide around
        town.

        Truly a cool part of Silverton's day to day life that isn't
        experienced by the usual visitors or even the summer residents - since
        they stay far away during the cold months...

        More info here:
        http://www.denverpost.com/ci_7892205?source=rssdp
        http://www.potku.fi/kepopas/kepopas_eng.htm

        Andrea

      • Twiggsc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
          Let me see - kick sled or a run on the beach?

          Chris in Fla.

          From: "kaitainen" <andrea@...>

          Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 17:26:00
          To:hr100@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [hr100] Re: Are you sure you want to run HR this year?

          I forgot to mention one of the really cool things about Silverton in
          the winter - in the gym photo, notice that there is a small metal
          contraption parked out front.

          This is a kicksled, and it is how many locals get around for 2-4
          months out of the year when firing up the car is pretty silly. I got
          to see this in practice when I've visited in the winter and it is a
          great sight, from the kids to the moms and babies, all leaving
          knife-like cuts in the ice and snow on the ground as they glide around
          town.

          Truly a cool part of Silverton's day to day life that isn't
          experienced by the usual visitors or even the summer residents - since
          they stay far away during the cold months...

          More info here:
          http://www.denverpo <http://www.denverpost.com/ci_7892205?source=rssdp> st.com/ci_7892205?source=rssdp
          http://www.potku <http://www.potku.fi/kepopas/kepopas_eng.htm> fi/kepopas/kepopas_eng.htm

          Andrea