Are you sure you want to run HR this year?

  • kaitainen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
      Bring a shovel! :-)

      http://www.hardrock100.com/

      Andrea
      in Albuquerque
    • Deb's Gmail
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
        or a sled dog!
        Tucker is for hire!

        kaitainen wrote:

        > Bring a shovel! :-)
        >
        > http://www.hardrock100.com/ <http://www.hardrock100.com/>
        >
        > Andrea
        > in Albuquerque

      • kaitainen
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
          I forgot to mention one of the really cool things about Silverton in
          the winter - in the gym photo, notice that there is a small metal
          contraption parked out front.

          This is a kicksled, and it is how many locals get around for 2-4
          months out of the year when firing up the car is pretty silly. I got
          to see this in practice when I've visited in the winter and it is a
          great sight, from the kids to the moms and babies, all leaving
          knife-like cuts in the ice and snow on the ground as they glide around
          town.

          Truly a cool part of Silverton's day to day life that isn't
          experienced by the usual visitors or even the summer residents - since
          they stay far away during the cold months...

          More info here:
          http://www.denverpost.com/ci_7892205?source=rssdp
          http://www.potku.fi/kepopas/kepopas_eng.htm

          Andrea

        • Twiggsc@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
            Let me see - kick sled or a run on the beach?

            Chris in Fla.

            From: "kaitainen" <andrea@...>

            Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 17:26:00
            To:hr100@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [hr100] Re: Are you sure you want to run HR this year?

            I forgot to mention one of the really cool things about Silverton in
            the winter - in the gym photo, notice that there is a small metal
            contraption parked out front.

            This is a kicksled, and it is how many locals get around for 2-4
            months out of the year when firing up the car is pretty silly. I got
            to see this in practice when I've visited in the winter and it is a
            great sight, from the kids to the moms and babies, all leaving
            knife-like cuts in the ice and snow on the ground as they glide around
            town.

            Truly a cool part of Silverton's day to day life that isn't
            experienced by the usual visitors or even the summer residents - since
            they stay far away during the cold months...

            More info here:
            http://www.denverpo <http://www.denverpost.com/ci_7892205?source=rssdp> st.com/ci_7892205?source=rssdp
            http://www.potku <http://www.potku.fi/kepopas/kepopas_eng.htm> fi/kepopas/kepopas_eng.htm

            Andrea