Hardrock Lottery

  • Blake P. Wood
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
      We will be conducting our Hardrock entry lottery this Sunday. As of today, we've received 345 entry applications for our 140 slots. A few more may show up in tomorrow's mail. The list of applicants is at http://www.run100s.com/HR/entriesreceived.html

      I'll put the lottery results up on the Hardrock web page at http://www.run100s.com/HR/ as soon as we've finished, probably early afternoon on Sunday.

      I know of at least one group that is holding a combination Superbowl/Hardrock Lottery party, so keep those computers handy while you're watching the TV.

      - Blake
    • Wood, Blake P
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2012
        As stated on our web page (http://hardrock100.com<http://hardrock100.com/>) applications to next summer's Hardrock Hundred are due December 1. However, due to scheduling conflicts, we won't actually be holding the entry lottery until Sunday, December 16.

        We still want your applications by the December 1 deadline, since reviewing qualifications, determining how many lottery tickets each of ~1000 applicants gets, and actually setting up the mechanics of the three-part lottery (yes, we actually DO pull tickets from a jar) takes some time. The most recent list of applications received can be found on our web page. After December 1, we will issue a list of how many tickets we think each applicant has, so any discrepancies can be discovered and resolved before the lottery.

        We want everyone to know when the lottery will actually be held in case there are parties to be arramged, and so we don't get a gazillion emails on December 3 asking about the results.

        - Blake

        Blake Wood
        President, Hardrock Board of Directors