Re: [hr100] Happy New Year Hardrockers!

  • Twiggsc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
      You know, Deb, our kids associate snow geographically rather than seasonally. They've only seen it in Colorado in the summer.

      I'll set the AC down a couple of degrees in solidarity with my northern friends.

      See you in Silverton,
      Chris in Florida

      From: Steve Pero <ultrastevep@...>

      Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:51:15
      To:hr100@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [hr100] Happy New Year Hardrockers!

      Happy New Year Dale!
      Hope you enjoy all the desperate mail , bribes, etc. you're about to get
      in the next several weeks.( By the way, do you
      prefer Aruba or Cancun?) :-)
      We will spend today shoveling off the roof from the last snowfall,
      (yesterday) in preparation for the next one (tonight).
      We have had a very snowy December so far. Ah, New England weather! We
      won't see trails till May. Tucker is getting fat and lazy, because
      we can't take him on road runs, and that's about all we can do right
      now. He has actually gained about 10 pounds since last summer. So has
      Steve.

      On another note, we were truly saddened to hear of Chuck's passing...
      when Steve and I heard the news, we spent some time
      remembering Chuck, and talked fondly of the last time we saw him, running
      the Epic 50K in Silverton. He will be greatly missed.

      deb and steve

      Dale Garland wrote:

      > It's Jan 1st and I trust most of you know what that means. Entries are
      > now being accepted for the 2008 Hardrock. You can send your entry to
      > PO 55,
      > Silverton CO 81433.
      > We will establish a list of entries received on our homepage
      > (run100s.com/HR). As I've mentioned previously, there may be a 5-7 day
      > lag
      > between our receiving your entry and it being posted so please be patient.
      > The lottery for the 2008 run will be held on Sunday Feb. 3 with the
      > results being posted to our homepage that day.
      > Happy New Year
      > Dale G.

    • Lois MacKenzie
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
        And as momentum for the 2008 Run starts up, so do my efforts to support them in their remarkable efforts! I have heard from a couple of you committing your support, but am now actively asking for Captains, Teams and Individuals choosing to help out. Let me know and Keep in Touch!
        LMac

        Dale Garland <hardrock100@...> wrote:
        It's Jan 1st and I trust most of you know what that means. Entries are
        now being accepted for the 2008 Hardrock. You can send your entry to PO 55,
        Silverton CO 81433.
        We will establish a list of entries received on our homepage
        (run100s.com/HR). As I've mentioned previously, there may be a 5-7 day lag
        between our receiving your entry and it being posted so please be patient.
        The lottery for the 2008 run will be held on Sunday Feb. 3 with the
        results being posted to our homepage that day.
        Happy New Year
        Dale G.

        Keep in Touch,
        LMac

      • Steve Pero
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
          Geez.... wouldn't want you to suffer too much on our account there, buddy!.

          all eyes on July!!!

          Twiggsc@... wrote:
          > You know, Deb, our kids associate snow geographically rather than seasonally. They've only seen it in Colorado in the summer.
          >
          > I'll set the AC down a couple of degrees in solidarity with my northern friends.
          >
          > See you in Silverton,
          > Chris in Florida

        • carolyn erdman
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
            When Dale talks of the 5-7 day lag it is for times like yesterday when the pass was closed and no mail got here as well as I do not drive entries down to Durango every day sorry I too have shoveling to do but folks in town know if they are going to give me call. I try to get them to Dale asap.

            Thanks for your patience,
            Carolyn in Silverton 22 below