Chuck Kroger's passing

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2007
      Hi Hardrockers,
      It is with a great deal of sadness that I am writing to let you know of
      the death of Chuck Kroger. Chuck passed away on Christmas Day after his 5
      month battle with pancreatic cancer.
      Chuck was a 5 time finisher of Hardrock and also the inspiration behind
      the Virginius Pass aid station, which bears his name-Kroger's Canteen.
      We often speak of the Hardock "family" and certainly when something like
      this happens it serves to remind us of how important the relationships that we
      have developed truly are. It should go without saying that the Hardrock has
      lost not only a member of our family but also a true friend. For now, if you
      would like to contact Kathy Green with any personal thoughts she has asked
      that you do so thru e-mail (bonezone@...). In lieu of flowers or other
      memorial items, donations can be made to the Telluride Mountain Club, PO Box
      2128, Telluride, CO 81435. A summer memorial service is being planned and we
      will certainly keep you informed as to the details as we get them.
      Take care of yourselves and let those around you know how much they mean to
      you!

      Dale