2008 update

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2007
      Greetings Hardrockers!
      On behalf of the entire Hardrock organization and our Board of Directors
      I'd like to take this chance to wish you and your families a happy holiday
      season. We are already making plans for the 2008 Hardrock and look forward to
      seeing new and old friends alike in Silverton next July.
      A special thanks to Charlie Thorn and Blake Wood for getting the 2008
      application ready and available. As in the past, you may send in an
      application any day after Jan. 1 2008. We will hold our lottery on Sunday, Feb
      3. I have good news in that the Bureau of Land Management has increased our
      field size to 140 runners. We are very comfortable with that number as we feel
      that we can continue to allow more runners to experience the Hardrock without
      making it so crowded that it diminishes the experience. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO
      SPEND THE EXTRA $$ TO OVERNIGHT YOUR ENTRY IF IT IS SENT IN EARLY TO MID
      JANUARY, IF IT IS CLOSE TO THE END OF JANUARY THEN MAYBE IT'D BE WORTH IT. We
      give no consideration to when we receive the entries unless they are sent
      after the lottery, in which case they will be added to the end of the wait
      list.
      You might notice a couple of things on the application:
      1. The entry fee has been increased. We did this after looking at the run
      budget and making a determination that to keep the same quality of service and
      providing the amenities that we feel you deserve it was a necessary step.
      2. Please make sure you indicate what size shirt you would like to receive if
      you run. If you don't, men will get a large and the ladies will get a medium.
      3. Please be sure to include results of your qualifying run with your entry.

      Once again, we will be selecting an original piece of artwork or an
      appropriate photograph for the 2008 finishers print and placement of t shirts.
      If you would like to have something considered please send us a copy of the
      photo or the piece of art no later than Feb 1. We will select that piece of
      art at the same time we conduct the lottery.
      I am pleased to let you know that all the coordinators and directors who
      have made Hardrock successful in the past will be with us again in 2008. These
      include communication directors Greg Hine and Molly Hardman, aid station
      director Lois MacKenzie, emergency services coordinator Leo Lloyd, course
      director John Cappis, course marking and clean up directors Charlie Thorn and
      Paulette Schmalz, merchandising coordinator Heidi Schutt and our technology
      staff of Andrea Feucht, Steve and Shauna Blaylock and David West.... oh yeah,
      I'll be back as well.
      Please let us know if you have any questions or comments. Again....
      Happy Holidays from Hardrock!!!
      Dale Garland
      RD, Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run