Re: Somers and Wood lead ASC to national title

  • Blake Wood
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
      In addition, Ryan McNiff, who paced me and others at last summer's
      Hardrock, got his first All-American honor (22nd place) while helping
      the Adams men tie for 2nd place at Nationals.

      One correction tho' - our Los Alamos girls didn't win the NM state
      championship this year, although the boys did (and beat the #1 ranked
      team in the country to do it!)

      - Blake

      --- In hr100@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Garland" <hardrock100@...> wrote:

      > Saturday was a good day for Brittany Somers, daughter of Grouse Gulch
      > aid station captain Bill Somers and Heather Wood, daughter of Blake
      Wood. Both
      > were part of the Adams State College women's cross country program
      which
      > claimed it's fifth straight NCAA Div II national championship. Both
      Brittany
      > and Heather finished in the top 30 in the race, which garnered both of
      them
      > All American honors. A hardy Hardrock congratulations to both of these
      fine
      > young ladies for a great season!
      > In high school running, Margaret Wood finished 4th in the New Mexico
      > state cross country championships and helped her Los Alamos team to
      the New
      > Mexico state cross country championship. Many of you may know of the
      Los
      > alamos team; they come out en masse to cheer on Hardrock runners and
      help at
      > Grouse Gulch every year.
      > Happy Thanksgiving to all you Hardrockers!
      > Dale G.

    • Steve Pero
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
        Congrats to the girls, Blake, and you and Rebecca as proud parents!
        very, very cool.
        deb
        just heading out for a run, and hope the hunters don't get me... or Tucker.
        It's not the NH boys I worry about. It's them dang Massachusetts city
        folk that come up here in the "wilds" and shoot at anything that moves.
        People here know how to handle firearms, and though they use them
        regularly for purposes other than hunting...
        (ie... New Years eve, July 4, when the Red Sox win, when the Pats win,
        when their kid scores in Jr. High soccer, groundhog day, etc. etc.)
        they DO generally know how to handle them when it really counts.
        Live Free or Die !