Somers and Wood lead ASC to national title

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2007
      Saturday was a good day for Brittany Somers, daughter of Grouse Gulch
      aid station captain Bill Somers and Heather Wood, daughter of Blake Wood. Both
      were part of the Adams State College women's cross country program which
      claimed it's fifth straight NCAA Div II national championship. Both Brittany
      and Heather finished in the top 30 in the race, which garnered both of them
      All American honors. A hardy Hardrock congratulations to both of these fine
      young ladies for a great season!
      In high school running, Margaret Wood finished 4th in the New Mexico
      state cross country championships and helped her Los Alamos team to the New
      Mexico state cross country championship. Many of you may know of the Los
      alamos team; they come out en masse to cheer on Hardrock runners and help at
      Grouse Gulch every year.
      Happy Thanksgiving to all you Hardrockers!
      Dale G.
    • Blake Wood
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
        In addition, Ryan McNiff, who paced me and others at last summer's
        Hardrock, got his first All-American honor (22nd place) while helping
        the Adams men tie for 2nd place at Nationals.

        One correction tho' - our Los Alamos girls didn't win the NM state
        championship this year, although the boys did (and beat the #1 ranked
        team in the country to do it!)

        - Blake

        --- In hr100@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Garland" <hardrock100@...> wrote:

        > Saturday was a good day for Brittany Somers, daughter of Grouse Gulch
        > aid station captain Bill Somers and Heather Wood, daughter of Blake
        Wood. Both
        > were part of the Adams State College women's cross country program
        which
        > claimed it's fifth straight NCAA Div II national championship. Both
        Brittany
        > and Heather finished in the top 30 in the race, which garnered both of
        them
        > All American honors. A hardy Hardrock congratulations to both of these
        fine
        > young ladies for a great season!
        > In high school running, Margaret Wood finished 4th in the New Mexico
        > state cross country championships and helped her Los Alamos team to
        the New
        > Mexico state cross country championship. Many of you may know of the
        Los
        > alamos team; they come out en masse to cheer on Hardrock runners and
        help at
        > Grouse Gulch every year.
        > Happy Thanksgiving to all you Hardrockers!
        > Dale G.

      • Steve Pero
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
          Congrats to the girls, Blake, and you and Rebecca as proud parents!
          very, very cool.
          deb
          just heading out for a run, and hope the hunters don't get me... or Tucker.
          It's not the NH boys I worry about. It's them dang Massachusetts city
          folk that come up here in the "wilds" and shoot at anything that moves.
          People here know how to handle firearms, and though they use them
          regularly for purposes other than hunting...
          (ie... New Years eve, July 4, when the Red Sox win, when the Pats win,
          when their kid scores in Jr. High soccer, groundhog day, etc. etc.)
          they DO generally know how to handle them when it really counts.
          Live Free or Die !