Re: [hr100] Congrats to Brittany Somers

  • james varner
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2007
      perhaps they''ll be part of the next generation of
      future hardrockers???
      james
      --- Dale Garland <hardrock100@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everybody,
      > The San Juans are putting on their winter
      > blanket but that's not what I
      > wanted to let you know about in this post. I thought
      > you'd like to know that
      > Brittany Somers, daughter of Grouse Gulch Aid
      > Station Captain Bill Somers, was
      > named Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference Female
      > Runner of the Year for the
      > 2007 cross country season. Brittany won the highly
      > competitive RMAC
      > championship in the last 5 feet of the race! She and
      > Heather Wood, Blake's
      > daughter, helped lead the Adams State College
      > Grizzlies to the RMAC conference
      > championship. Adams State is currently ranked #1 in
      > the country among NCAA
      > Division II cross country programs. Next up for
      > Brittany and Heather are the
      > North Central Regional championships and,if all goes
      > accordoing to plan, the
      > NCAA D-II championships where ASC is the defending
      > national champions. Stay
      > tuned.
      > Dale G.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Blake Wood and Rebecca Clark
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2007
        Heather says she's planning to enter Hardrock as soon as she's
        finished her college running commitments, and has done a
        qualifier. She's paced me at Hardrock the past four years, including
        all the way from Grouse to Maggie last year - 28 miles.

        - Blake