Congrats to Brittany Somers

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2007
      Hi Everybody,
      The San Juans are putting on their winter blanket but that's not what I
      wanted to let you know about in this post. I thought you'd like to know that
      Brittany Somers, daughter of Grouse Gulch Aid Station Captain Bill Somers, was
      named Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference Female Runner of the Year for the
      2007 cross country season. Brittany won the highly competitive RMAC
      championship in the last 5 feet of the race! She and Heather Wood, Blake's
      daughter, helped lead the Adams State College Grizzlies to the RMAC conference
      championship. Adams State is currently ranked #1 in the country among NCAA
      Division II cross country programs. Next up for Brittany and Heather are the
      North Central Regional championships and,if all goes accordoing to plan, the
      NCAA D-II championships where ASC is the defending national champions. Stay
      tuned.
      Dale G.
    • james varner
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2007
        perhaps they''ll be part of the next generation of
        future hardrockers???
        james
        --- Dale Garland <hardrock100@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everybody,
        > The San Juans are putting on their winter
        > blanket but that's not what I
        > wanted to let you know about in this post. I thought
        > you'd like to know that
        > Brittany Somers, daughter of Grouse Gulch Aid
        > Station Captain Bill Somers, was
        > named Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference Female
        > Runner of the Year for the
        > 2007 cross country season. Brittany won the highly
        > competitive RMAC
        > championship in the last 5 feet of the race! She and
        > Heather Wood, Blake's
        > daughter, helped lead the Adams State College
        > Grizzlies to the RMAC conference
        > championship. Adams State is currently ranked #1 in
        > the country among NCAA
        > Division II cross country programs. Next up for
        > Brittany and Heather are the
        > North Central Regional championships and,if all goes
        > accordoing to plan, the
        > NCAA D-II championships where ASC is the defending
        > national champions. Stay
        > tuned.
        > Dale G.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Blake Wood and Rebecca Clark
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2007
          Heather says she's planning to enter Hardrock as soon as she's
          finished her college running commitments, and has done a
          qualifier. She's paced me at Hardrock the past four years, including
          all the way from Grouse to Maggie last year - 28 miles.

          - Blake