Howdy from Silverton and Skunkears!

  • Lois MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2007
      The weather is hot (relative to Silverton and the San Juans of course) and dry today with a breeze strong enough to carry the flag unfurled.

      Just a couple notes to you:

      Showers are available at Telluride for $2 in quarters. Now, that is not to say you folks smell bad or anything...

      If you are buying supplies from Outdoor World, make sure you mention you are with the HRH.
      If you are buying outdoor supplies in Durango, consider using Gardenswartz Outdoors. They are supporters of ours!
      The Grand Imperial Hotel and Restaurant, Handlebars , the Bent Elbow and Mobius are Silverton eateries that also support us. There will be more I am sure.

      The Kendal Mountain Cafe will open again for breakfast July 13th if we will let them know you are coming and, within reason, what you would want to eat. Last year they were open at 0400 and nobody came. Write me back and I will let them know, if you please.>

      We will be providing both Succeed Ultra and S! Caps at all the Aid Stations. Karl wishes you all the best in your run and says about his products...

      "...ultramarathoners
      > have been using it since 1990 to have great races. Roy Pirrung set
      the
      > American record for 24 hours on the road using SUCCEED! Ultra.
      SUCCEED! S!
      > Caps have become the Gold Standard for Electrolyte Replacement since
      1995.
      > Supplying the electrolytes found in blood plasma, they help runners
      maintain
      > their electrolyte levels in the toughest of conditions.
      >
      > You can also see what we say on our website www.succeedscaps.com "

      Keep in Touch,
      LMac