Re: Liz Walker-trail work

  • liz walker
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 28, 2007
      Dear John,

      Please sign me up for the 7-5 trail work day at Bear Creek, I remember some of those BIG wash outs last year, and really enjoyed seeing the trail repaired, plus getting to run over it!

      Thank you, so very much for your consideration,

      Liz Walker

      johncappis <cappis@...> wrote:
      I have finally made contact with the Ouray Trail Group and they are
      interested in a work party on 7/5. It will be on the very troublesome
      section of the Bear Creek trail.

      In addition, I plan to have a group work on Wasatch Basin above
      Telluride on 7/3/. Those who both areas can receive an drawing ticket
      for 2008. This is in addition to the Handies work and ticket of 7/7
      and 7/8. Yes, you can earn two extra tickets for 2008. Please let me
      know if you are interested in 73 and/or 7/5.

    • james varner
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 28, 2007
        hi john

        please add me to the new trail work days on the 3rd and 5th.

        thanks and see ya soon!!!
        james

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 5, 2007
          hi everyone

          scott jurek's pacer, dusty olsen, is flying into montrose saturday afternoon at 1:30. scott is planning on helping out on the trail work on handies saturday and is wondering if anyone is coming to silverton from montrose who could pick dusty up so scott can keep working on the trail and save him the drive.

          if so give scott a call at: 206 229 8163

          thanks
          james

        • brock gavery
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 7, 2007
            I am 4th on th wait list and hoping to get in. Will be
            in Silverton tomorrow afternoon. Anyone looking to
            pace a HR first-timer?

            Brock Gavery

            Need Mail bonding?
          • David Clark
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
              I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!

              I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response from others (I am married) :-)

              So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra experience.

              David Clark
              VP of Sales- America's Mattress
              Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness

              Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.

              www.drivehumanperformance.com

              -Sent from my iPhone

            • Deb's Gmail
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
                I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
                :-)

                On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:

                > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
                > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
                >
                > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
                > from others (I am married) :-)
                >
                > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra experience.
                >
                > David Clark
                > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                >
                > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                >
                > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                >
                > -Sent from my iPhone

              • David Clark
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
                  Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this taste funny to you?"

                  I am better at improv ;-)

                  On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:

                  > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
                  > :-)
                  >
                  > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
                  > >

                  > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
                  > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
                  > >
                  > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
                  > > from others (I am married) :-)
                  > >
                  > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra experience.
                  > >
                  > > David Clark
                  > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                  > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                  > >
                  > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                  > >
                  > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                  > >
                  > > -Sent from my iPhone

                • Deb P
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
                    ha! okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
                    now that you have
                    auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

                    On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

                    > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
                    > taste funny to you?"
                    >
                    > I am better at improv ;-)
                    >

                    > David Clark
                    > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                    > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                    >
                    > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                    >
                    > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                    >
                    > -Sent from my iPhone
                    >
                    > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
                    > > :-)
                    > >
                    > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
                    > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
                    > > >
                    > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
                    > > > from others (I am married) :-)
                    > > >
                    > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
                    > experience.
                    > > >
                    > > > David Clark
                    > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                    > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                    > > >
                    > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                    > > >
                    > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                    > > >
                    > > > -Sent from my iPhone

                  • Jean-Jacques d
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
                      With all due respect for Deb and David, my needs as a runner are better met by a quiet, focused pacer, alert to point out footing difficulties (especially at night), spot on navigation alertness, and replenishment reminders.  The last thing I need or want is distraction from the task at hand.
                      I myself, as a pacer last year at HR, got distracted by a conversation with my runner and committed the worst sin of a pacer: I missed a turn and led him off course.  The mistake was rectified soon enough to not cause much damage, but I will never forget the horror I felt at my dereliction of duty...
                      Hey, we all have different needs and expectations!
                      Jean-Jacques, HR 2011 lucky pick.

                      ha!  okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
                      now that you have
                      auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

                      On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

                      > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
                      > taste funny to you?"
                      >
                      > I am better at improv ;-)
                      >

                      > David Clark
                      > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                      > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                      >
                      > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                      >
                      > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                      >
                      > -Sent from my iPhone
                      >
                      > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
                      > > :-)
                      > >
                      > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
                      > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
                      > > >
                      > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
                      > > > from others (I am married) :-)
                      > > >
                      > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
                      > experience.
                      > > >
                      > > > David Clark
                      > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                      > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                      > > >
                      > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                      > > >
                      > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                      > > >
                      > > > -Sent from my iPhone

                    • David Clark
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
                        Humor and competence are not mutually exclusive.

                        For the record I wasnt planning on actually juggling or sticking my head in a lions mouth during the run, maybe just supplying some distraction if needed.

                        I will mark you off my list of potential runners ;-)

                        On Feb 15, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Jean-Jacques d <jjda36618@...> wrote:

                        > With all due respect for Deb and David, my needs as a runner are better met by a quiet, focused pacer, alert to point out footing difficulties (especially at night), spot on navigation alertness, and replenishment reminders. The last thing I need or want is distraction from the task at hand.
                        > I myself, as a pacer last year at HR, got distracted by a conversation with my runner and committed the worst sin of a pacer: I missed a turn and led him off course. The mistake was rectified soon enough to not cause much damage, but I will never forget the horror I felt at my dereliction of duty...
                        > Hey, we all have different needs and expectations!
                        > Jean-Jacques, HR 2011 lucky pick.

                      • lalaith
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                          Deb I want in on the running for your pacer..
                          I think the other guy has me beat in the joke department but can he:
                          1.  Juggle 3 EFS flasks while running albeit slowly?
                          2.  When chewing gum can he blow a bubble inside a bubble inside a bubble???

                          : )
                          Michelle
                          Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail

                          ha!  okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
                          now that you have
                          auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

                          On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

                          > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
                          > taste funny to you?"
                          >
                          > I am better at improv ;-)
                          >

                          > David Clark
                          > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                          > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                          >
                          > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                          >
                          > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                          >
                          > -Sent from my iPhone
                          >
                          > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
                          > > :-)
                          > >
                          > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
                          > > >

                          > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
                          > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
                          > > >
                          > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
                          > > > from others (I am married) :-)
                          > > >
                          > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
                          > experience.
                          > > >
                          > > > David Clark
                          > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                          > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                          > > >
                          > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                          > > >
                          > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                          > > >
                          > > > -Sent from my iPhone

                        • David Clark
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                            I can juggle FOUR bottles, a spoon and a cat all at once. And I can blow a bubble out of both ends at the same time without removing my shorts. Now THAT'S pacing, my friends.