Shoe sizes/swollen feet

  • Andy Hewat
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2007
      Ok, sorting out gear. I've got a question on shoes.
      I've never changed shoes in an ultra (and rarely
      change socks) but I've never done one at such
      altitude. Should I be expecting to need to change up
      size in shoes as my feet swell. (I usually prefer the
      minimalist approach and keep gear changes to a
      minimum.)
      Cheers, Andy

      ____________________________________________________________________________________Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2007
        The funny thing about swollen feet for me is that they don't swell up until
        the day after an ultra and lasts about 4 days. Using your feet seems to
        prevent swelling. One year I climbed Mt. Shavano on the Monday after
        Hardrock. I started with swollen feet, but by the time I finished the
        swelling was gone.

        About socks, I rarely change them either, since I rarely wear them.