Which pants?

  • markus4345
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2007
      Hello everybody,

      another question:
      I noticed on a lot of the hardrock pictures that the runners wear short tights during the day.
      Does everybody carries long pants during the race, just in case of a thunderstorm?
      Or do you take chances and wait until you arrive at your next dropbag with long pants?

      Have a good day
      Markus
    • dlease@attglobal.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2007
        I wore a pair of Railrider Extreme Adventure Pants over running shorts for
        almost the entire race in 2004. These pants are light and comfortable and
        I was never too hot during the day. They also dry very quickly, which
        comes in handy after the river crossings. They also protected my legs
        while glissading down the snow fields.

        NFI.

        Here is a link to the pants:

        http://www.railriders.com/product_info.php/cPath/104_110/products_id/95
        1

        Damon
      • Hans-Dieter Weisshaar
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2007
          Markus,

          Du nervst!
          Demnächst fragst Du noch, wo es geeignete Büsche gibt, um dort Pampers
          zu deponieren!
          Du machst Dich mit Deinen dummen Fragen lächerlich bis auf die Knochen!
          Nichts für ungut, aber hör jetzt mit diesem Schwachsinn auf!
          Herzlichst (und Grüsse an Brandi)

          Hans (und Susi)
        • TheTroubadour
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2007
            Weight of nylon pants: 0.015 ounces

            Space required inside pack: 3.075 cubic millimeters

            Cost for being prepared: maybe 12 bucks on eBay

            Presumed hilarious joke about "Pampers" in an incomprehensible foreign language: priceless

            Froelicher Mittwoch, meine Kleine!

            Ihrer TrouberLeichkeitung,

            Ricard Liemocher von Bismarck
            Lieber of the jelly-filled doughnaught