Re: [hr100] Getting to Silverton

  • Jennifer Roach
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 14 2:27 PM
      oops Just reread your email and realized you want to go from California
      to Colorado. Deb's advice is good. Denver or Albq. are probably the
      cheapest places to fly into. You can also book a flight from Denver to
      Montrose, CO. I know someone who does it every month to go to his home
      in Ouray. Grand Junction might work, too.

      Jennifer

      Jennifer Roach wrote:

      > Andy
      > Reno, Nevada may be your best bet. Las Vegas is OK, too. There is a
      > drive back into the sierra from both cities so it is a toss up.You could
      > fly into LA and the drive is about 4 hours into the Sierras from there
      > (at least) Plus, you have to deal with LA traffic which can be a tough
      > one.
      >
      > Jennifer Roach
      >
      > Jennifer Roach
      >
      > hewat.andy wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm booking flights from Oz to the US and then on to Silverton but was
      > > wondering if I
      > > could call on some more local knowledge. I am running Western States
      > > in the lead up
      > > to HR and am trying to figure out the best airports to get me from the
      > > Sierras to the
      > > San Juans? Any suggestions gratefully accepted?
      > > Thanks Andy

      > 3/14/2007 3:38 PM

    • johncappis
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17 1:35 PM
        Andy

        You might want to check America West schedules. They used to have a
        flight from Reno to Phoenix and they have a flight from Phoenix to
        Telluride. (About an hour and a half by highway from Silverton.)

        Other air ports closer to Silverton than either Albuquerque or Dever
        ae Montrose and Durango. A little expensive but more like an hour
        drive to Silverton.

        John