Re: [hr100] Pre race hiking/camping information please

  • Andy Hewat
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 19, 2007
      Wow Deb, thanks for your rapid and lengthy response.
      I'm working on getting the guide book and a map of the
      trails in the area. Looks like there are plenty of
      options. Obviously I hope to see as much of the course
      as I can to help with navigation on race day. And just
      spend as much time at altitude as I can.
      Thanks again, and look forward to catching up when I
      get over there.
      Cheers, Andrew

      <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/>

      Get your own web address.
    • Andy Hewat
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2007
        Oh, and I'm ordering a copy of the DVD off the
        runningdelights web site. Thanks, Andy

        --- Jennifer Roach <jrhigh@...> wrote:

        > Andy,
        >
        > Consider purchasing the dvd of the Hardrock course
        > called "Hardrock 100
        > CCW Show." It was compiled and produced by john
        > Cappis. It is a huge
        > compilation of photos taken by four individuals who
        > know the course
        > extremely well. It is shown in the direction of the
        > 2007 HRH so it would
        > be something you can do in the comfort of your own
        > living room. The dvd
        > is set to some classical music and is very enjoyable
        > as a preparation
        > tool or a souvenir. I believe i purchased mine
        > through Running Delights,
        > so check that website (www.runningdelights.com) or
        > does anyone know how
        > Andy can get a copy??
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Jennifer Roach
        >
        > Andy Hewat wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi, I'm coming from Australia (sea level) to do HR
        > and
        > > plan to arrive about three weeks early to hike as
        > much
        > > of the course as possible. While I can find heaps
        > > about the actual race, I'm looking for any
        > information
        > > about hiking and camping in the area as part of my
        > > acclimatization and familiarization. Can anyone
        > point
        > > me in the right direction?
        > > Cheers, Andy.

        > > It's here! Your new message!
        > > Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.

        <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/>

        > Release Date: 2/14/2007 7:54 AM

        Finding fabulous fares is fun.