Re: [hr100] Pre race hiking/camping information please

  • Jennifer Roach
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2007
      Andy,

      Consider purchasing the dvd of the Hardrock course called "Hardrock 100
      CCW Show." It was compiled and produced by john Cappis. It is a huge
      compilation of photos taken by four individuals who know the course
      extremely well. It is shown in the direction of the 2007 HRH so it would
      be something you can do in the comfort of your own living room. The dvd
      is set to some classical music and is very enjoyable as a preparation
      tool or a souvenir. I believe i purchased mine through Running Delights,
      so check that website (www.runningdelights.com) or does anyone know how
      Andy can get a copy??

      Cheers,
      Jennifer Roach

      Andy Hewat wrote:

      > Hi, I'm coming from Australia (sea level) to do HR and
      > plan to arrive about three weeks early to hike as much
      > of the course as possible. While I can find heaps
      > about the actual race, I'm looking for any information
      > about hiking and camping in the area as part of my
      > acclimatization and familiarization. Can anyone point
      > me in the right direction?
      > Cheers, Andy.

      > It's here! Your new message!
      > <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/>

    • Andy Hewat
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2007
        Wow Deb, thanks for your rapid and lengthy response.
        I'm working on getting the guide book and a map of the
        trails in the area. Looks like there are plenty of
        options. Obviously I hope to see as much of the course
        as I can to help with navigation on race day. And just
        spend as much time at altitude as I can.
        Thanks again, and look forward to catching up when I
        get over there.
        Cheers, Andrew

        Get your own web address.
      • Andy Hewat
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19, 2007
          Oh, and I'm ordering a copy of the DVD off the
          runningdelights web site. Thanks, Andy

          --- Jennifer Roach <jrhigh@...> wrote:

          > Andy,
          >
          > Consider purchasing the dvd of the Hardrock course
          > called "Hardrock 100
          > CCW Show." It was compiled and produced by john
          > Cappis. It is a huge
          > compilation of photos taken by four individuals who
          > know the course
          > extremely well. It is shown in the direction of the
          > 2007 HRH so it would
          > be something you can do in the comfort of your own
          > living room. The dvd
          > is set to some classical music and is very enjoyable
          > as a preparation
          > tool or a souvenir. I believe i purchased mine
          > through Running Delights,
          > so check that website (www.runningdelights.com) or
          > does anyone know how
          > Andy can get a copy??
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Jennifer Roach
          >
          > Andy Hewat wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi, I'm coming from Australia (sea level) to do HR
          > and
          > > plan to arrive about three weeks early to hike as
          > much
          > > of the course as possible. While I can find heaps
          > > about the actual race, I'm looking for any
          > information
          > > about hiking and camping in the area as part of my
          > > acclimatization and familiarization. Can anyone
          > point
          > > me in the right direction?
          > > Cheers, Andy.

          > > It's here! Your new message!
          > > Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.

          <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/>

          > Release Date: 2/14/2007 7:54 AM

          Finding fabulous fares is fun.