Hardrock entry lottery tomorrow

  • Blake P. Wood
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      Tomorrow, we will be holding our entry lottery for this summer's Hardrock Hundred. I've posted the final list of applications we've received at http://www.run100s.com/HR/2007%20Apps%20Received.pdf. If your application arrives in today's mail, we'll include it in the lottery. If it arrives tomorrow or later, you're out of luck - sorry.

      If you didn't meet the formal entry qualifications and petitioned for entry under the "equivalent mountain experience" exemption, we'll be reviewing your application tomorrow before the lottery. If we decide not to put you into the lottery, we'll let you know why.

      We have 290 applicants for our 130 entry slots, so no doubt there will be many disappointed runners. Many of our personal friends and many very fine runners won't get in. We're sorry, but we run an honest lottery and don't play favorites. The lottery rules are at http://www.run100s.com/HR/Selection_procedure_2007.html

      After we fill our 130 slots, we'll continue drawing names to create an ordered wait list. I'll try to get the entry list and wait list on the Hardrock web page at http://www.run100s.com/HR/ and posted to this list immediately after we're finished with the lottery on Saturday afternoon.

      - Blake