Re: [hr100] Silverton Snow Report - 1JAN07

  • TheTroubadour
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2007
      Gosh, Charlie,

      This is great medieval research!

      But I wonder, for example, what was the snow report for 1066... when William the Conqueror did his thing at Hastings?

      Or maybe in 1215 when the Magna Carta was signed?

      My particular scholarly opinion is that the Magna Carta was originally scheduled for 1214, but when Mother Nature dumped that huge motherlode of snow on the mountains that year... King John was forced to postpone for 12 months. Ya think?

      - -
      00

      [kinda wondering what all this Yahoo anti-spam technology will do to my smiley face]

      Happy New Millennium!

      Your Middle Age song 'n' dance man,

      Rich Limacher
      Troubadour to His Majesty King Kong