Marc Witkes' death

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2006
      With a very heavy heart I want to let you know that Hardrock finisher
      and former Hardrock Board of Director member Marc Witkes collapsed today while
      running a marathon in Tucson; he died immediately thereafter. Details
      regarding the cause of his death are still not known to me; as soon as I know
      more I'll be sure to let you all know.
      Dale Garland
    • letsrun100@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2006
        Runner in Tucson Marathon dies
        Apparently healthy Colorado man, 40, goes into cardiac arrest near finish
        line
        By Djamila Grossman
        ARIZONA DAILY STAR

        Marc D. Witkes had mastered the Tucson Marathon several times and set out
        Sunday to tackle the race again. But the Durango, Colo., man collapsed less
        than a quarter-mile from the finish line and was later pronounced dead,
        officials said.
        This was the first time that a runner has died during t...

        _http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/relatedstories/159854.php_
        (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/relatedstories/159854.php)