Hardrock 2007 update

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2006
      Hi Hardrockers!
      The San Juans are quietly resting under a blanket of white but that
      doesn't mean there isn't things to let you know about for next years run. Many
      thanks to those of you who filled out the runners survey from this years run.
      As always there were many great comments and constructive critiques of what we
      do well and what we can do better.

      1. The 2007 Hardrock will be held on July 13-15 and be run in a
      counter-clockwise direction.
      2. We have received approval from the Bureau of Land Management to have 130
      runners in the 2007 run. We will be using the lottery system to select runners
      for 2007. We are in the final stages of getting the application ready and
      anticipate that it will be available sometime in mid to late November. We will
      begin accepting applications after Jan. 1 2007 and will hold the lottery
      selection the first weekend in Feb.
      3. Under the "What do I get the Hardrocker who has everything" concern;
      Running Delights, the official merchandiser for the Hardrock, has added some
      new Hardrock merchandise. I invite you to check it out at runningdelights.com.
      Go to "Our Products" and then use the drop down menu to go to "Hardrock 100".
      Thanks to Heidi Schutt and Running Delights for making this available to us.
      4. A reminder to the artistically inclined. We are soliciting artwork for the
      2007 Hardrock finishers print. This print will also be used in our 2007
      promotion as well as sponsor and community thank yous. If you would like to
      submit an original piece of work or a photograph for consideration, please
      send it to the Hardrock PO box (PO Box 55, Silverton 81433) or e-mail it to me
      at hardrock100@.... Selection of the print will be the same time as
      the selection of runners (early Feb.).
      That's about it for now. We hope this finds all of you happy and healthy. If
      there is anything you have questions on, please be sure to let us know.

      Dale Garland
      Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run