I think we owe more than thanks... [was: Thanks for a great run!]

  • TheTroubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20 12:44 AM
      Friends,

      I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything... (and I surely do hope I'm not
      out of line here, but I can't help it because Dale is a friend and I do
      stuff like this for my friends)...

      ...I was thinking all along it was common knowledge among Hardrockers
      following this past weekend... but maybe not.

      My wife and I met Dale in the Durango Airport Monday evening. He was on his
      way to Omaha, NE. His father-in-law had passed away during our Run on
      Saturday.

      Maybe he really and truly did NOT tell anyone, and maybe he wanted it that
      way... but...

      ...to my way of thinking...

      ...the very very least we all could and (I think) should do...

      ...is send a sympathy card, yes?

      We all, after all, at the "Pot Lick" signed one for Jim Sweatt regarding his
      father's passing (which is why Jim suddenly had to leave Silverton after
      having just arrived maybe one day before). So anyway, I think we should
      also extend the same sympathy, and courtesy, and heartfelt appreciation to
      Dale himself.

      We'd be pretty lost without him, don't you think?

      Anyway, he is our friend, and his father-in-law, by extension, is our
      patriarch as well.

      I never met him, but I miss him...

      ...because my friend Dale misses him...

      ...and I'd like my friend to know...

      ...his friends...

      ...grieve at his side...

      ...right along with him.

      Let's do the right thing.

      Carolyn? Andrea? Does somebody on the HRH Board have a postal address to
      which we can mail cards and condolences???

      Thanks,

      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...