Left Over Drop Bags

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18 9:38 AM
      I collected the Hardrock drop bags that were not claimed by 3 PM on
      Sunday afternoon at the Sillverton gym.

      In a few days, I'll sort through them and mail their "valuables" to
      each runner that I can identify. I'll use the criteria that, if it
      were my stuff, would I pay postage to have it mailed to me.

      "Valuables" do not include the following: batteries, food items
      (including gels and bars), fluids in bottles, pills, soggy socks,
      plastic bags, and other other such items.

      "Valuables" do include clothing items (if in good shape), packs,
      flashlights and head lamps (without batteries), Gnass bags,
      prescription eye ware, and the like.

      If you want to make specific requests different from the above,
      please contact me before Friday. I'll use the mailing address that
      you put on your Hardrock entry form unless you provide different
      instructions.

      Thanks,

      Charlie
      thorn@...
      505-662-2397 - h
      505-665-0724 - w
    • Deb Pero
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20 1:04 PM
        For those of you who think your soggy smelly socks DO indeed fall into the
        "valuable" category, remember that there are those postal regulations that
        prevent Charlie from mailing anything "potentially hazardous" in the US
        Mail. And your soggy socks, if anything like mine, are a definite
        biohazard. Sorry folks, no smelly socks in the mail. I had to get the
        HazMat suit out to empty out our drop bags.

        smiles from Silverton,
        deb