Re: [hr100] Welcome Dave HUghes

  • Twiggsc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2006
      In a message dated 6/28/2006 10:37:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      hardrock100@... writes:

      P.S. According to Amy Gass, Director of the Silverton Chamber of Commerce,
      this years 4th of July parade will actually have a theme (Real Good Sports).

      Silverton wants to call attention to the new chair lift at Kendall Mountain
      Ski area. I assured her that the Hardrock Precision Marching team would be
      there in our best theme dress and that we are indeed, real good sports.

      Actually, we're "really good sports." Someone has to stand up for the
      adverbs.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2006
        Chris,
        I'm so glad to have an English teacher among us who speaks good English!!
        Dale

      • Klondike4@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
          Due to the cumulative effects of aging/running/living/etc. a persistent
          case of tendonitis in my knee has forced my withdrawal from this yrs
          event. As such, I have a room reserved at the Avon from the 8th to the
          15th that is up for grabs - anyone interested email me back and I will
          call the avon. Thanks and good luck to all - Jeff Wilbur

          "Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

          and IM. All on demand. Always Free.
        • Lois MacKenzie
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
            Actually, the Avon is wanting to kiss and make up after changing rates on people in the midst of it all, so if anyone still needs a room, you might call them to see what they offer. That is the Mountain Studies Institute @ 970-387-5161.
            And Folks, it is raining right now for the second time today! We wont need to cancel due to fire danger!

            Klondike4@... wrote:
            Due to the cumulative effects of aging/running/living/etc. a persistent
            case of tendonitis in my knee has forced my withdrawal from this yrs
            event. As such, I have a room reserved at the Avon from the 8th to the
            15th that is up for grabs - anyone interested email me back and I will
            call the avon. Thanks and good luck to all - Jeff Wilbur

            "Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

            and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

            When I was a child in Silverton, one of the older boys
            started calling me Skunk Ears. I went to my father pouting
            about it. He told me skunks have cute ears. That made
            everything o.k., and the boy stopped using the name.

          • Deb Pero
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
              Bummer, Jeff.. I am truly sorry to hear you can't come up. It will not be
              the same without you and the studly Toby up here in the mountains. We're
              mostly all falling apart at the seams to some degree.. sorry this one isn't
              healing up fast enough to warrant the trip up to the San Juans.

              deb pero

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
                Thanks Deb -

                Once again the hardock gods have kicked me in the ass, this time before
                I even got there, well hopefully it helps you get in! at least some
                good can come out of it - and so, best of luck to both you and steve
                this year, I'll be anxiously following the webcast and cheering y'all
                on!

                Take care - Jeff, in big time San Juan withdrawel