Welcome Dave HUghes

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2006
      Hi Everybody,
      I'd like to welcome Dr. Dave Hughes to the Hardrock Hundred Staff. Dave
      is an accomplished runner (he won Kendall Mountain last year) who also happens
      to be a fine MD. He has agreed to be our Medical Director for this years
      Hardrock, working in relief of Leo Lloyd, who will not be with us this year.
      Hopefully you will all have a chance to say hi to Dave and we hope he is very
      bored this year!
      So long from Silverton (where the monsoons seem to be making an early
      appearance)

      P.S. According to Amy Gass, Director of the Silverton Chamber of Commerce,
      this years 4th of July parade will actually have a theme (Real Good Sports).
      Silverton wants to call attention to the new chair lift at Kendall Mountain
      Ski area. I assured her that the Hardrock Precision Marching team would be
      there in our best theme dress and that we are indeed, real good sports.
    • Twiggsc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2006
        In a message dated 6/28/2006 10:37:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        hardrock100@... writes:

        P.S. According to Amy Gass, Director of the Silverton Chamber of Commerce,
        this years 4th of July parade will actually have a theme (Real Good Sports).

        Silverton wants to call attention to the new chair lift at Kendall Mountain
        Ski area. I assured her that the Hardrock Precision Marching team would be
        there in our best theme dress and that we are indeed, real good sports.

        Actually, we're "really good sports." Someone has to stand up for the
        adverbs.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2006
          Chris,
          I'm so glad to have an English teacher among us who speaks good English!!
          Dale

        • Klondike4@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
            Due to the cumulative effects of aging/running/living/etc. a persistent
            case of tendonitis in my knee has forced my withdrawal from this yrs
            event. As such, I have a room reserved at the Avon from the 8th to the
            15th that is up for grabs - anyone interested email me back and I will
            call the avon. Thanks and good luck to all - Jeff Wilbur

            "Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

            and IM. All on demand. Always Free.
          • Lois MacKenzie
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
              Actually, the Avon is wanting to kiss and make up after changing rates on people in the midst of it all, so if anyone still needs a room, you might call them to see what they offer. That is the Mountain Studies Institute @ 970-387-5161.
              And Folks, it is raining right now for the second time today! We wont need to cancel due to fire danger!

              Klondike4@... wrote:
              Due to the cumulative effects of aging/running/living/etc. a persistent
              case of tendonitis in my knee has forced my withdrawal from this yrs
              event. As such, I have a room reserved at the Avon from the 8th to the
              15th that is up for grabs - anyone interested email me back and I will
              call the avon. Thanks and good luck to all - Jeff Wilbur

              "Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

              and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

              When I was a child in Silverton, one of the older boys
              started calling me Skunk Ears. I went to my father pouting
              about it. He told me skunks have cute ears. That made
              everything o.k., and the boy stopped using the name.

            • Deb Pero
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
                Bummer, Jeff.. I am truly sorry to hear you can't come up. It will not be
                the same without you and the studly Toby up here in the mountains. We're
                mostly all falling apart at the seams to some degree.. sorry this one isn't
                healing up fast enough to warrant the trip up to the San Juans.

                deb pero

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
                  Thanks Deb -

                  Once again the hardock gods have kicked me in the ass, this time before
                  I even got there, well hopefully it helps you get in! at least some
                  good can come out of it - and so, best of luck to both you and steve
                  this year, I'll be anxiously following the webcast and cheering y'all
                  on!

                  Take care - Jeff, in big time San Juan withdrawel