Re: [hr100] Welcome Home!

  • thetroubadour@mcleodusa.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2006
      Hey, wow, alla yous folks!

      I'm sitting in the Silverton Public Library. (Very quiet!) I had no idea
      how serious all this is till I tried to book a room. To wit: The Avon
      ain't the Avon, I don't see some motels that I used to see, the Grand
      Imperial is for sale, and my old nemesis, The Wyman, looks like urban
      renewal! Or, 43rd Street in Chicago. It's a dump!!!!! (I think? Maybe
      the sun was in my eyes. Maybe I'm imagining, gloating, hyperventilating,
      hallucinating... :(

      Well, I also tried to leave a message at Charlie's "Official Hardrock
      Hundred Front Porch"--but it was an official locked front porch.

      Oh well, there's always lotsa room in Mahoney's shoes--'cuz he's never in
      them.

      OK, serious. Yes, I did get an upstairs room at the Outsiders Inn (it's
      new!) and I think there just *might* possibly be more space available.
      Isn't there also a campground on the east side of town?
      "Animas...something Camping"? I remember some years ago, they wanted to
      charge me $10 just to take a shower!

      I wish you folks well, of course, and best luck; but mostly I'd like to
      offer somebody some money to rent a vehicle on July 10th to pick up my
      bride at the Durango Airport, and also hit up somebody for a ride back to
      that same airport on July 17th when it's all over.

      Anybody?? Anyone looking for a way to earn money to take a shower???

      OK, time to log off and do a little research. You won't believe this (I
      know), but I am, at the moment, actually cramming to take the SAT test.
      No kiddin'! Anybody curious about this can ask me while we're
      trailmarking. (It's another looooooooong story.)

      Hey, it's COLD here!

      Mo laida,
      (I'm on a computer named "Moe"),

      Rich "Softrocks Rick" Limacher