Re: [hr100] Greetings Finishers of Hardrock 2006!

  • TheTroubadour
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 12, 2006
      Harvey Krishna, all yoooooooooooooou groovy lil' barefoot hairport
      pamphleteers!

      This then, my UMcompadres-in-that-river-of-the-same-name, comprises
      everything that I would list on my DON'T WANT list:

      From: "Naeem Ravat" <I mean no disrespect; after all, doesn't this man run
      entire city marathons--just loaded with little rocks, broken glass, and,
      ugh, pavement--and doesn't he do it barefoot? He therefore deserves, and
      has, my utmost respect. Hey, I'm only yakkin' 'bout food here! ;>
      Date: Monday, June 12, 2006 4:56 PM

      good eats: Naan N Currie on Telegraph
      so good, so cheap...
      recommend: chicken tikka masala, palak gosht, and plain naan... and don't
      forget the all you can drink chai.

      good eats: Julies on Bancroft
      If you're there on a magical Friday when a Sufi Master is leading the
      community in Zikr invocations, wird, ratib then you will get a plentiful and
      tasty free malay, thai, polynesian meal

      good coffe shop: Strada on Bancroft at College
      An eclectic cafe where you here people saying things like -
      "I don't like the coffee, not impressed with the tea and pastries.. but I
      LOVE STRADA! The only place near campus where I can sit on the outside patio
      with a Pomegranite Italian Soda, smoke my cancer sticks and sketch people at
      nearby tables.
      - By favorite place to be a notebook bandit.
      - Oh, and AirBears is strong here - yay for student wireless!"

      . . .

      ...And then [in a VW microbus loaded with baking soda, asbestos hazmat
      suits, and implements of fire extinguishation] I went to Miami.

      Cheers, Salaams and Namaste,

      ( O_O )

      Whoa.

      The sliced cheers, bite-size salaams, and pureed nasty little namastes I can
      handle, but please, dear Andrea,

      NO
      ===

      Currie (cheap or otherwise), chicken tikka masala, palak gosht, plain
      naan... and chai!

      NO
      ===

      Sufi Master, Zikr invocations, wird, ratib, malay (tasty, free, or
      otherwise), thai, or polynesia!

      NO
      ===

      Strada on Bancroft (at College or elsewhere), tea and pastries, Pomegranite
      Italian Soda, smoke, cancer slim jims, sketch people, notebooks, bandits,
      AirBears, or wireless!

      BUT ALMOST
      ===========

      ...any *other* near-poison on the face of the planet is OK by me.

      Eh?

      - -
      00
      >)

      With just a pinch between the teeth an' gums, and
      tongue firmly wedged up against the left inside cheek,

      Softrocks Rick

      "Here," as Larry my mentor would say, "have some salt."

      --

      "That right there is a gold vein, Rich. Now. How ya gonna get it
      own?" -Cappis

      "Running provides little happiness which is no different from lack of
      pleasure. Happiness has only to do with shacking up with somethin'
      mind-blowingly hot back at the cabin. And I AIN'T talkin' about
      food!" -Limmickur

      "Only those who risk dropping off the cliffs of the earth can possibly he
      kept hidden long enough to never have to pay their insurance claim" -Gecko,
      the GEICO pitch-lizard

        From: "Naeem Ravat" <I mean no disrespect; after all, doesn't this man run
        Date: Monday, June 12, 2006 4:56 PM

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 20, 2006
          Hey Scott - Hope your training has been going well and you are all
          rested and ready for another round of self inflicted fun! Just
          wondering when you are heading out there and where you are staying - I
          plan on heading out the 1st, so prob be there the 3rd and am planning
          on camping for the first week, then I have a room in the avon (I think
          the 8th on but Ill have to double check that as I no longer seem to
          have a memory) - anyway, if folks are camping together I was just
          looking to hook up - as I'm assuming the dates this yr,being the 4th
          that its gonna be packed. Lemme know - jeff

          "Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

          and IM. All on demand. Always Free.
        • Klondike4@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 20, 2006
            Sorry Y'all - thought I was sending that back to scott b - obviously
            lacking more than memory cells, jeff w

            "Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde